Bali Visa Info – In February 2022, the entrance to Bali flights was officially opened by the Indonesian government. This has been confirmed by a press statement by the Java-Bali PPKM Coordinator as well as the Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan.
The decision was taken to re-invigorate the Bali economy, which has been quite affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, the opening of this international entrance will not be carried out directly but gradually.
First Flight To Bali
Garuda Indonesia airline, Wednesday, February 3, 2022, will also start serving the first regular international flights to Bali.
The flight service is operated via the Narita – Denpasar route, along with special cargo services for the Denpasar – Narita route via Manado.
On that occasion, the Immigration Ngurah Rai has granted entry permits to crew and passengers from Garuda Indonesia aircraft (GA 881) on the Narita (NRT) – Denpasar (DPS) route.
Good News, Overseas Travelers to Bali are Quarantine Free
Starting Monday (07/03/2022), foreign travelers (PPLN) can enter Bali by air and sea without having to undergo quarantine.
This was conveyed by the Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy (Menparekraf) Sandiaga Uno, based on a decision from the coordination report card with the Coordinating Ministry for Maritime Affairs and Investment.
Free quarantine conditions in Bali for PPLN
- The incoming PPLN has been fully vaccinated or booster.
- PPLN must show a negative PCR swab test result from their country before leaving.
- PPLN has proof of a hotel booking that has been paid in full for at least four days, or shows domicile in Bali for Indonesian citizens (WNI).
- PPLN take the PCR swab test upon arrival, and wait in the hotel room until the results come out.
- If the PCR test result is negative, then PPLN can travel to all tourist destinations in Bali with strict health protocols
- If the result is positive, PPLN is required to isolate at the hotel
- Especially for PPLN who are elderly and comorbid, will be immediately treated at the hospital
- On the 3rd day PPLN is required to perform a second PCR test. If the result is negative, on the 4th day PPLN can travel outside Bali.
- For international events that will be held in Bali during this trial period without quarantine, antigen tests will be applied every day to every participant without exception.
Strict Health Protocol
For the process of handling the arrival of Garuda Indonesia’s international flights to run smoothly today, passengers go through the flow process that we have prepared according to health procedures and protocols, it is also confirmed that serving officers have used PPE and previously carried out an antigen test carried out by the Port Health Office.
For international travelers who will fly to ensure the completeness of the documents before leaving, further access can be made via (https://portal.ngurahrai-airport.co.id/).
Ngurah Rai Airport Serves 5 International Routes
General Manager of PT Angkasa Pura I International Airport I Gusti Ngurah Rai Herry A.Y. Sikado said on Monday (14/3/2022). There are 5 international flight routes served by Bali Airport, namely Melbourne, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney and Narita. He said in a press release, Tuesday (15/3/2022).
Currently, with the latest data as of February 2022, it is recorded that domestic passengers reached 380,000 passengers and aircraft movements reached 3,612 movements. Meanwhile, international passenger movements reached 2,900 passengers and flight movements reached 64 aircraft movements.
The Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment (Menko Marves) who is also the Coordinator for Handling PPKM for the Java and Bali Region, Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan said “All the steps prepared are of course full of calculations based on field data and input from various experts in the field. We will also continue to monitor the number of confirmed case movements on a daily basis, but I hope that the Balinese people can really be helped by this policy, as long as we are all disciplined”, he said through a written press statement.
Continue to observe health protocols, wear masks, keep your distance and wash your hands. Stay disciplined to take care of yourself so that when you want to vacation you will stay healthy.