Visa Bali Info – This time we try to discuss the eastern region of Bali. Lombok, being the closest island for you to enjoy the beauty of the beach and marine life.
The Lombok region consists of 3 dykes, so this time we will review the trawangan dyke. For those of you who love the feel of the sea, Gili Trawangan is the right place for you to spend your vacation.
Gili Trawangan is the largest of the three small islands or dyke located northwest of Lombok.
Trawangan is also the only dyke whose height above sea level is quite significant. With a length of 3 km and a width of 2 km, Trawangan has a population of about 800 people.
Gili Trawangan Exoticism
Gili Trawangan, which is one of the favorite tourist destinations, is located in Gili Indah Village, Pemenang District, North Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara.
Gili Trawangan has beaches with beautiful white sand, unspoiled coral reefs, and beautiful marine life.
In addition to the sea and beaches, Gili Trawangan has stunning sunrise and sunset views. The beaches on Gili Trawangan stretch from the east and west, no wonder sunsets and sunrises will appear here.
Heaven for Water Sports
Gili Trawangan has the beauty of natural marine life, so it’s no wonder Gili Trawangan is a paradise for water sports.
For those of you who want to go snorkelling, you don’t have to worry about the equipment, because this island already has snorkeling equipment rental services.
The sports offered are banana boat, kayak, paddleboard, and jetski. To try these water sports services along the coast, there are many water sport service providers.
Pollution Free Air
Gili Trawangan has air that is free from motorized and vehicle smoke, due to the characteristics of its people who like to use bicycles. This is also a tourist destination there.
You will find many outlites that rent bicycles. Traveling by bicycle is a favorite activity for tourists when visiting there.
Or you can also try cidomo which is the local language for wagons. Cidomo which has a capacity of six people is also the activity that is most in demand by tourists visiting Gili Trawangan.
History of Gili Trawangan Name
There are 2 versions of the story about the history of the name Gili Trawangan circulating in the community and from all of these versions there has been no authentic research on the origin of the name Gili Trawangan. In the following, we review two versions of the history of the name Gili Trawangan.
- In the Sasak language the small island is called “Gili” while Trawangan itself comes from the word “Terangang” which means Terangang in Sasak language is turtle laying eggs, because on Gili there were many turtles at that time. Then the mention of the word Terangang was a bit difficult for the Sasak tribe at that time and always said Trawangan and over time the word Terangang changed to Trawangan, finally the name Gili Trawangan was popular until this moment.
- During the Japanese colonial era, this small island, Gili Trawangan, was used by Japanese troops to see or spy on enemy ships from the Dutch allies. At that time the Lombok Sasak people were not very good at speaking Indonesian in the mention of dreamy but always the word “Trawangan” finally the Sasak people gave the name of this small island called Gili Trawangan which until now is popular with that name.
Access to Gili Trawangan
- From Lombok Airport: We recommend access from Lombok Airport for those of you who want to vacation in Lombok and visit Gili Trawangan at the same time. You can depart from Lombok Airport via the bypass route then go to Mataram City and arrive at Senggigi then from Senggigi head to the Bangsal port or Teluk Nare. At this port you will take a boat to cross to Gili Trawangan in about 20 minutes.
- From Bali Island: When you finish enjoying your vacation in Bali once in a while you can try a tour to Gili Trawangan departing from the island of Bali. You can go to Padang Bay Harbor then take a Fast Boat that goes to Gili Trawangan at a cost of around 350,000/One Way/Person and the time taken by sea to arrive at Gili Trawangan is about 2 hours.
- From Sheet Harbor: For backpackers who usually come from Lembar Harbor, you can take public transportation whose route is from Sheet Harbor to Senggigi then from Senggigi you can take the Sutle Bus that goes to the nation’s port or Teluk Nare and take a boat to Gili Trawangan.
However, if you don’t want to take a vacation without thinking about things like transportation. You can join the many package tours offered.